- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 red capsicum & 1 yellow capsicum, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 4 medium, ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup of chopped coriander (cilantro)
- Sour cream
- Grated MontereyJack cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1.Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until onions soften for about 5 minutes. Next, add cayenne, oregano, cumin and smoked paprika. Fry, stirring, for 2 minutes to release the aroma of the spices.
- 2.Add the garlic and capsicum and stir well. Fry, stirring occasionally for another 5 minutes or until capsicum starts to soften.
- 3.Add the chopped tomatoes, any juice and salt. Fry for 2 minutes.
- 4.Mix in beans and water. Bring chili to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until flavors blend and chili thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Add coriander and stir well.
- 5.Ladle chili into bowls. Top with a tablespoon of sour cream, a handful of grated cheese and green onions.
- 6.Serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More