- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (divided) and 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (divided) and 1 tablespoon shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium to large roma (plum) tomato, thinly sliced
- Place olive oil, broccoli, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until tender (about 15 minutes). Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix vegetables and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese. In another bowl, mix 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese, ricotta cheese, eggs, milk, pepper, and salt. Spoon the vegetable mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread the egg and cheese mixture over the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Arrange tomato slices on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes to set before serving.
- This recipe makes 12 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More