- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and mashed
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu
- 5 tablespoons Korean barbeque sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1. In a large bowl, stir together the mashed garbanzo beans and basil. Mix in the oat bran, quick oats, and rice; the mixture should seem a little dry.
- 2. In a separate bowl, mash the tofu with your hands, trying to squeeze out as much of the water as possible. Drain of the water, and repeat the process until there is hardly any water worth pouring off. It is not necessary to remove all of the water. Pour the barbeque sauce over the tofu, and stir to coat.
- 3. Stir the tofu into the garbanzo beans and oats. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sage; mix until well blended.
- 4. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Form patties out of the bean mixture, and fry them in hot oil for about 5 minutes per side. Serve as you would burgers.
NotesThis All-Star Veggie Burger gets 5-stars! Used whole wheat kaiser roll and for toppings, some sliced avocado, red onions and shredded mozarella (ran out of sliced cheese) for this serving. I am pleasantly surprised at how flavorful it turned out to be. Used all the ingredients listed on the recipe except for the dried sage which is replaced with thyme.
Recipe from allrecipes.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More