- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 4 or 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 28 oz. can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 28 oz. can black beans
- 28 oz. can red beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup honey
- Salt and pepper
- Monterey jack or cheddar cheese, grated
- Sour cream
- Sauté onion, garlic and jalapeño in apple juice until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chopped celery and cook another 5 – 10 minutes until tender.
- Add in all other ingredients (except for cheese and sour cream) and bring to a boil, then let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with grated cheese and dollop of sour cream.
- [ more recipes at www.offbeateating.com ]
NotesThis is my version of a recipe from Vegetarian Times from 1995 or ‘96. I don’t have the issue, but this is how I’ve been making it the last few years.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More