- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cup frozen cauliflower
- 2 cup broccoli
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup 2% reduced fat milk
- 15 1/4 oz canned white corn, no salt added
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cup Borden Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Mild
- 6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp Spin Blend Light Margarine
- 1/3 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook cauliflower and broccoli in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain veggies and reserve cooking water. Heat oil in pan and stir in flour. cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and gradually stir in milk and 2/3 cup of cooking water.
- Return to pan and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until thickened. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in corn, parsley, thyme and half the cheese into the sauce and season to taste. Fold in cooked veggies and put mixture in ovenproof dish. You can add diced chicken at this time or just serve the veggies as a side to the chicken.
- Place flour in a bowl, add the margarine, and rub it with your fingertips until it resembles bread crumbs. Stir in oats, and remaining cheese and sprinkle mixture evenly over veggies. Bake for 30 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More