- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 14 1/2 oz canned tomatoes, whole peeled
- 1 Tbsp canned tomato paste
- 2 medium tomato(es), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 medium eggplant(s)
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1 medium leek(s), finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), crushed
- 12 medium basil, leaves, torn
- 1/2 pound dry lasagna noodles, cooked (about 9 noodles)
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- Blend undrained canned tomatoes with paste until combined. Stir in fresh chopped tomatoes and sugar.
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices; place in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 15 minutes, rinse and drain.
- Coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Cook eggplant in batches until soft and well-browned; set aside.
- Cook leeks and garlic in the same pan, stirring until leeks soften.
- Cover bottom of prepared pan with 3 cooked noodles. Layer with 1/2 each eggplant, tomato mixture, leeks, basil and cheese. Repeat with 3 more noodles and top with rest of eggplant, tomato mixture, leeks and basil. Top with remaining noodles and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Cool slightly and serve.
NotesNow POINTS® value of | 5
Servings | 6
Preparation Time | 25 min
Cooking Time | 60 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More