- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 14 1/2 oz canned tomatoes, whole peeled
- 1 Tbsp canned tomato paste
- 2 medium tomato(es), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 medium eggplant(s)
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1 medium leek(s), finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), crushed
- 12 medium basil, leaves, torn
- 1/2 pound dry lasagna noodles, cooked (about 9 noodles)
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- Blend undrained canned tomatoes with paste until combined. Stir in fresh chopped tomatoes and sugar.
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices; place in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 15 minutes, rinse and drain.
- Coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Cook eggplant in batches until soft and well-browned; set aside.
- Cook leeks and garlic in the same pan, stirring until leeks soften.
- Cover bottom of prepared pan with 3 cooked noodles. Layer with 1/2 each eggplant, tomato mixture, leeks, basil and cheese. Repeat with 3 more noodles and top with rest of eggplant, tomato mixture, leeks and basil. Top with remaining noodles and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Cool slightly and serve.
NotesNow POINTS® value of | 5
Servings | 6
Preparation Time | 25 min
Cooking Time | 60 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Decadent Desserts Made From
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More