VEGGIE PASTA IN A CREAM SAUCE
Veggie Pasta in a Cream Sauce
- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup of onion, diced
- small head of broccoli
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 15 or so chives, chopped
- 15 or so leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or white wine
- 1/4-1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound pasta
Cook pasta till almost done and drain it.
Saute onions till golden brown.
Add the broccoli and cook it about half way.
Add the oregano and garlic and cook till fragrant.
Remove the broccoli and deglaze the pan with broth.
Lower the heat and add milk or cream. If it's too thin add tbl of butter or cornstarch/water mix or a flour roux.
Reduce briefly, then add the broccoli back in.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add basil, chives and pasta.
Mix together and let simmer for a couple minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve hot or chilled.