- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup of onion, diced
- small head of broccoli
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 15 or so chives, chopped
- 15 or so leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or white wine
- 1/4-1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound pasta
- Cook pasta till almost done and drain it.
- Saute onions till golden brown.
- Add the broccoli and cook it about half way.
- Add the oregano and garlic and cook till fragrant.
- Remove the broccoli and deglaze the pan with broth.
- Lower the heat and add milk or cream. If it's too thin add tbl of butter or cornstarch/water mix or a flour roux.
- Reduce briefly, then add the broccoli back in.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add basil, chives and pasta.
- Mix together and let simmer for a couple minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot or chilled.
NotesI went to a farmers market one day and came home with some really nice fresh broccoli, chives and basil. I wanted some kind of pasta dish, so I made this. I made it with 2% milk and it came out fine, but cream would have been better. Surprising, isn't it? But the milk keeps it healthy, so there is that. It's a good recipe for using up leftovers too, just toss in whatever you have on hand. Roasted potato chunks would be good, so would asparagus or peppers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Recipes for Vitality
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More