- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 cups uncooked rice
- 2 (1.3-ounce) packages onion soup mix
- 1 Tbsp dried minced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons crushed basil leaves
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix well. Place 1-1/4 cups rice mix in each of 4 air-tight containers or zip-top plastic bags. Makes 4 rice mixes.
- Preparation instructions: Combine 1 rice mix, 2 cups water (use 1-3/4 cups water for medium or short grain rice, 2-1/2 cups water for brown rice), and 1 tablespoon butter or margarine (optional) in 2- to 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes (45 minutes for brown rice), or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Makes 6 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Mexican Wedding Cakes
Classic Beef Stew
chocolate peanut butter cream cheese fillingSee More