- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 cups uncooked rice
- 2 (1.3-ounce) packages onion soup mix
- 1 Tbsp dried minced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons crushed basil leaves
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix well. Place 1-1/4 cups rice mix in each of 4 air-tight containers or zip-top plastic bags. Makes 4 rice mixes.
- Preparation instructions: Combine 1 rice mix, 2 cups water (use 1-3/4 cups water for medium or short grain rice, 2-1/2 cups water for brown rice), and 1 tablespoon butter or margarine (optional) in 2- to 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes (45 minutes for brown rice), or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Makes 6 servings.