VEGGIE SAUCE FOR PASTA
- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and fry until transluscent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occationally, until all of the vegetables are tender and sauce is thick. Reduce heat if neccessary to keep from scortching.
- Serve over pasta---I like it over egg noodles--Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
NotesJust a little sauce I threw together one night when I needed to top some pasta.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More