- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 of a medium sized tomato (diced)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic gloves
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese (cheddar or a mix bag)
- Rinse baking potatoes well, when dry brush all over with olive oil and sprinkle salt on the skin. Place directly on to the rack of a 425 degree oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until fork tender.
- Place all cut up veggies and garlic in a steamer bin and steam for about 15-20 minutes or until veggies are just becoming tender.
- Once potatoes are baked place in individual bowls. Open the potatoes by cutting length and width wise and smash up the insides with a fork. Brush on olive oil or butter (optional). Place half the veggies inside each potato, should be overflowing. Then sprinkle a bit of cheese on top. I usually then place the potatoes back into the "off" oven just to melt the cheese a bit.
NotesThis is just one of my favorite simple meals to pull together. You can basically substitute any of the veggies for what you prefer.