- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 of a medium sized tomato (diced)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic gloves
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese (cheddar or a mix bag)
- Rinse baking potatoes well, when dry brush all over with olive oil and sprinkle salt on the skin. Place directly on to the rack of a 425 degree oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until fork tender.
- Place all cut up veggies and garlic in a steamer bin and steam for about 15-20 minutes or until veggies are just becoming tender.
- Once potatoes are baked place in individual bowls. Open the potatoes by cutting length and width wise and smash up the insides with a fork. Brush on olive oil or butter (optional). Place half the veggies inside each potato, should be overflowing. Then sprinkle a bit of cheese on top. I usually then place the potatoes back into the "off" oven just to melt the cheese a bit.
NotesThis is just one of my favorite simple meals to pull together. You can basically substitute any of the veggies for what you prefer.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Short & Sweet
The Naked MacaronSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More