- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TB Unsalted Butter
- 2 TB AP-Flour
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- Pinch of Freshly ground White pepper
- Melt Butter over low heat in sauce pan, let it bubble a little bit to remove some of the water. Add the flour to the butter. Cook over low heat until the roux becomes a light golden straw color.
- Transfer to a bowl to stop the cooking process.
- Rule on Combining Stock & Roux
- Hot Roux - Use Cold Stock;
- Cold Roux - Use Hot Stock
- To Finish the Sauce:
- Return the roux to the pan and whisk in 1/2 cup of stock
- Place over medium heat and whisk in the remaining stock.
- When the roux and stock are well combined, reduce the heat and bring to a simmer for 20-25 minutes whisking frequently, you may also have to skim the surface depending on how clarified your stock is.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning with Salt & White pepper
You may use any "White" stock for this such as Fish, Turkey, or Seafood
Rule on Combining Stock & Roux
Hot Roux - Use Cold Stock;
Cold Roux - Use Hot Stock
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More