- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs Butternut Squash
- 1-2 Cups Fat Free Half and Half
- 1 Chicken Bullion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cube the squash (peeled, and no seeds/pulp) and put it in a large saucepot, cover with about 1 1/2 inches of water. Boil, then cover and simmer for about 15-20 mins, until the squash is very tender.
- Drain out the water, and blend until smooth (I use a hand blender right in the pot, but you can also put it through a regular blender)
- Return squash to the pot, and add the half and half. (This is to taste, start with 1 cup, and work up from there) add the crushed chicken bullion and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once everything is mixed well, reheat if needed, and enjoy!
NotesI got this recipe from a friend, and I love it because not only is it incredibly easy, it is much lower calorie compared to alot of other recipes out there.
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Simple Homemade Favorites
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More