- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs Butternut Squash
- 1-2 Cups Fat Free Half and Half
- 1 Chicken Bullion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cube the squash (peeled, and no seeds/pulp) and put it in a large saucepot, cover with about 1 1/2 inches of water. Boil, then cover and simmer for about 15-20 mins, until the squash is very tender.
- Drain out the water, and blend until smooth (I use a hand blender right in the pot, but you can also put it through a regular blender)
- Return squash to the pot, and add the half and half. (This is to taste, start with 1 cup, and work up from there) add the crushed chicken bullion and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once everything is mixed well, reheat if needed, and enjoy!
NotesI got this recipe from a friend, and I love it because not only is it incredibly easy, it is much lower calorie compared to alot of other recipes out there.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More