- Servings: 4
- 2 pounds sea scallops (try to get "dry packed")
- 1/4 cup flour (I like to use Wondra for dredging)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can tomato sauce, 14 oz.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 12 basil leaves, shredded
- pinch saffron
- 1/2 box fettucine, cooked
Lightly coat scallops in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
Preheat skillet over med. high heat.
Add oil and butter.
When butter is melted, add scallops.
Brown 2 min. on each side, then remove from pan. Add another drizzle of oil to pan and add garlic, shallots, and crp.
Reduce heat and saute 2 min.
Add wine and reduce 1 min., then add stock, tomato sauce and saffron.
When comes to a boil, cook 3 min.
Return scallops to pan and cook 2-3 min. more. Top with basil and lemon zest.
Serve over pasta.