- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds sea scallops (try to get "dry packed")
- 1/4 cup flour (I like to use Wondra for dredging)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can tomato sauce, 14 oz.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 12 basil leaves, shredded
- pinch saffron
- 1/2 box fettucine, cooked
- Lightly coat scallops in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Preheat skillet over med. high heat.
- Add oil and butter.
- When butter is melted, add scallops.
- Brown 2 min. on each side, then remove from pan. Add another drizzle of oil to pan and add garlic, shallots, and crp.
- Reduce heat and saute 2 min.
- Add wine and reduce 1 min., then add stock, tomato sauce and saffron.
- When comes to a boil, cook 3 min.
- Return scallops to pan and cook 2-3 min. more. Top with basil and lemon zest.
- Serve over pasta.
NotesLiving in New England, we are able to get really fresh seafood and scallops are one of my favorites. Dry pack is when they come right off the boat in canvas bags and not placed in that milky white liquid that is made up of some preservatives that weaken the flesh. If you can only get the wet soaked fish, then lay them on lots of paper towels to blot out the wetness. You'll get a better browning coat on the outside.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More