- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds venison -- ground
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons salad oil -- or nonstick spray
- 2 cups sauerkraut -- well drained
- 3 large apples -- cut in wedges
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- In large bowl, combine ground venison, onions, salt, half the caraway seeds, and pepper; shape into about smallish meatballs.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, in hot oil, brown meatballs well.
- In a 3 quart casserole, spread a layer of sauerkraut with rest of caraway seeds. Next put a layer of apples, sprinkle with brown sugar; top with meatballs.
- Pour apple juice over meatballs; cover; bake 1 hour or until meat is cooked.
My Family Cookbook
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More