- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds venison -- ground
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons salad oil -- or nonstick spray
- 2 cups sauerkraut -- well drained
- 3 large apples -- cut in wedges
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- In large bowl, combine ground venison, onions, salt, half the caraway seeds, and pepper; shape into about smallish meatballs.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, in hot oil, brown meatballs well.
- In a 3 quart casserole, spread a layer of sauerkraut with rest of caraway seeds. Next put a layer of apples, sprinkle with brown sugar; top with meatballs.
- Pour apple juice over meatballs; cover; bake 1 hour or until meat is cooked.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Fun appetizers and snacks
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More