- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Wash one venison roast thoroughly
- 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees then reduce the heat to 350 degrees. Place roast on a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. Sprinkle garlic & 1/2 pkg. of dry onion soup over meat. Wrap the venison in the foil and seal the edges tightly.
- Place the wrapped meat in a baking pan and roast for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until tender. Remove the roast and put it on a plater. Pour off any fat from the juices. Add the rest of the soup mix, red wine, sage, sugar and juices and thicken with flour or corn starch to make a gravy.
- Tip: use corn starch if you want a lighter gravy
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Italy or Bust
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More