- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Venison roast
- 4-6 slices of bacon
- 1 tsp. Salt
- One half tsp. pepper
- 1 quart meat stock
- garlic or garlic powder
- six small carrots
- six mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- one half cup minced celery
- 1 box stove top stuffing
- Fry 6 slices of bacon (crisp) in dutch oven. Remove bacon and leave grease in oven.
- Pierce roast and insert slivers of garlic in holes or coat roast with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat bacon grease and sear roast on all sides until very brown. Pour stock over roast.
- Add medium diced onion, carrots, mushrooms and celery. Cook very slowly covered for about 2-3 hours (or until done the way you like your meat).
- Remove roast from stock & vegetables.
- Blend vegetables & stock to make a thicken sauce.
- Make stuffing, & serve.
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Ro-tel Rice Casserole
herby lamb chops with roast vegetablesSee More