- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 lbs. meat, 1/2 venison, 1/2 pork
- 1 tablespoon saltpeter (sodium nitrate)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon crushed chili pepper (optional)
- Cut venison and pork into small chunks for the grinder.
- Add all seasonings and mix thoroughly.
- Put meat through grinder using medium blade.
- Pack meat in sausage bags or casings and hang it for long smoking at a low temperature.
- If you wish, the meat may be stored in a freezer and used as you would good pork sausage.
- Smoking certainly adds much to the flavor and is well worth the effort.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Simple Homemade Favorites
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More