- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb round venison steak
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 can (3 ounce) whole mushrooms
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz.) beed bouillon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Brown onion in 2 tablespoons of the butter and remove from pan.
- 2 Cut meat into strips 2 1/2-inches long and 3/4-inches wide.
- 3 Heat remaining butter in skillet.
- 4 Roll venison in flour and brown in heated butter.
- 5 Add enough water to the bouillon to make two total cups of liquid.
- 6 Add salt and bouillon-water mixture to the browned venison.
- 7 Cover and simmer for about one hour or until meat is tender.
- 8 Add mushrooms, cooked, onion, and sour cream.
- 9 Heat.
- 10 Serve over rice or egg noodles.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More