VENISON SUMMER SAUSAGE
- Cooking Time: 75
- 2 lbs. ground venison
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Morton's Tender Quick Meat Cure
Use 2 lbs. ground venison (plain, we never add pork as many do, the natural small amount tallow left on the deer as we skin it is enough moisture).
Mix all ingredients and then mix with ground meat.
Make into rolls of size you wish. Roll in foil with meat to shiny side. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
Place on a rack over a pan to catch drippings. Insert fork through under side of foil to allow drainage as it bakes.
Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 325 degrees.