- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb hamburg (or any other ground meat)
- 1 small onion
- 1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup mix
- 1 pkg mixed veggies - frozen(carrots, grean beans, corn, peas)
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cans or 1 box beef stock
- 1/2 cup orzo
- Cook the meat & onion in the bottom of a 5 qt pan. Sprinkele with salt & pepper. Drain off any grease. Add the beef stock, Lipton Soup mix, mixed veggies, and crushed tomatoes. Bring the soup up to a boil. Add the orzo, and cook until the orzo is done.
NotesMy Aunt Karen had this at a restaurant and concocted this delicious recipe. Mine stiil doesn't taste like hers, but it's a close second. It's perfect for a snowy day when you just want to curl up with a good book. The best thing is that it tastes even better the second day. Enjoy!