- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- (Adapted from Eating Well)
- 24 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 3 ounces shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot, add potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring potatoes to a boil over high heat - cook until very tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain well and return them back to the hot pot. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. Add cheese and stir until melted - pour in buttermilk and season with salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Makes about 4 servings.
NotesMmm...mashed potatoes and cheese? Is there any better combination? If I'm feeling particularly naughty, I like to add come crumbled bacon on top of each serving!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Get Fit With Good Food!
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More