- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- (Adapted from Eating Well)
- 24 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 3 ounces shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot, add potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring potatoes to a boil over high heat - cook until very tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain well and return them back to the hot pot. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. Add cheese and stir until melted - pour in buttermilk and season with salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Makes about 4 servings.
NotesMmm...mashed potatoes and cheese? Is there any better combination? If I'm feeling particularly naughty, I like to add come crumbled bacon on top of each serving!
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More