- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- (Adapted from Eating Well)
- 24 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 3 ounces shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot, add potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring potatoes to a boil over high heat - cook until very tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain well and return them back to the hot pot. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes. Add cheese and stir until melted - pour in buttermilk and season with salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Makes about 4 servings.
NotesMmm...mashed potatoes and cheese? Is there any better combination? If I'm feeling particularly naughty, I like to add come crumbled bacon on top of each serving!