Versatile Cookie Base
Why I Love This Recipe
I make quite a bit of my cookies using this recipe as a base. It's actually adapted from the so called "Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe" - this can be halved:
Ingredients You'll Need
2 cups real butter, room temperature
2 cups white sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
3 teaspoons real vanilla extract
4 cups all purpose flour, sifted
5 cups blended oatmeal*
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
Cream butter until light and fluffy using your paddle attachment on your Kitchenaid.
2. Add both sugars and continue creaming until fully incorporated.
3. Add eggs one at a time.
4. Add vanilla.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients previously combined in small amounts.
6. At this point you can add whatever you want to the cookie base. This step will take time to ensure the cookie base consistency is consistent throughout. You may have to hand stir the dry ingredients when the dough becomes difficult to combine in the mixer -- use your hands if you need to!!
7. Using a cookie dough scoop or your hands, roll the dough into balls and place two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees; cool on wire rack
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Dessert