- CAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 11/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- FROSTING INGREDIENTS:
- 8 ounces lite cream cheese
- 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine: eggs, egg whites, canola oil, sugar, apple sauce and vanilla
- Mix in: flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg
- Stir in: carrots and nuts
- Grease 2 muffin pans
- Fill muffin cups halfway up
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until you can insert and toothpick and have it come out clean.
- TO MAKE FROSTING:
- Use an electric mixer to combine cream cheese, egg whites, vanilla and sugar Beat until smooth.
- TO ASSEMBLE CAKES:
- Turn cakes upside down and cut in half horizontally • Apply frosting to the middle and top (formerly bottom) of your cakes
- Garnish as you wish.
- Makes about 25 small cakes.
NotesCarrot cake is awesome, but having your own carrot cake is even more awesome. Check out this mini cake which is sure to delight!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More