Very Quick Chick'n'Rice
2 pkg pre cooked chicken strips (I use Perdue Original Roasted).
1 medium onion, chopped
4c. chicken broth
1c. frozen mixed vegetables
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2c long grain rice
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp parsley
1. Heat EVOO in thick bottom pot.
2. Add onions, saute for 1min., medium high heat.
3. Add chicken strips and saute about 2mins.
4. Stir in rice and mix w/meat and onions.
5. Pour in chicken broth, mixed vegetables, and seasonings, bring to boil
under high heat.
6. Simmer under low until rice is done
Pairs Well With
Adapted idea from Oriental Fried Rice recipe found on box of Perdue Original Roasted Chicken Strips.
Sometimes I forget to take meat out of freezer for dinner the next day. So the chicken strips are easy to thaw via microwave, and the seasoning of the strips also adds flavor.
This dinner is fairly easy and quick to prepare.