- Cooking Time: 20 mins.
- Preparation Time: 1h + 30 mins.
- 500 g (17.5 oz) bread flour
- 100 g (3.5 oz) durum wheat flour
- 6 tblspoons potato flakes (instant mashed potatoes preparation)
- 10 g yeast
- 450 ml lukewarm water (about 1/8 gallon or 16 oz)
- 1 tblspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tblspoons olive oil
- 2 tblspoons olive oil
- 2 tblspoons water
- 1-2 tblspoons kosher salt
- cherry tomatoes, onion or other vegetables as desired
- Sift together the flours and mix with potato flakes, sugar and yeast.
- Make a well in the middle and start adding water, mixing in the dry ingredients. Half way through add the salt as well.
- When you have mixed in all the flour, proceed kneading on a floured surface to get soft and elastic dough. Depending on the humidity conditions and the type of potato flakes, you may need a little less or a little more water.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and let rest for about 1 hour in a warm place (I usually place the bowl into a cold oven or microwave oven, it raises better and doesn't get dry).
- Put the dough into an oiled baking tin (large) and spread with your hands only to about 1/2" thick. Let it rest again, covered, for 1/2 an hour.
- Mix oil, water and kosher salt and brush well the whole surface of your focaccia.
- Add tomatoes, sliced onion or whatever else you want (I had some leftover baked potatoes from the previous day, so I sliced and added those as well), and bake in the oven preheated to 180°C (350°F) for about 20 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More