- Cooking Time: 20 mins.
- Preparation Time: 1h + 30 mins.
- 500 g (17.5 oz) bread flour
- 100 g (3.5 oz) durum wheat flour
- 6 tblspoons potato flakes (instant mashed potatoes preparation)
- 10 g yeast
- 450 ml lukewarm water (about 1/8 gallon or 16 oz)
- 1 tblspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tblspoons olive oil
- 2 tblspoons olive oil
- 2 tblspoons water
- 1-2 tblspoons kosher salt
- cherry tomatoes, onion or other vegetables as desired
- Sift together the flours and mix with potato flakes, sugar and yeast.
- Make a well in the middle and start adding water, mixing in the dry ingredients. Half way through add the salt as well.
- When you have mixed in all the flour, proceed kneading on a floured surface to get soft and elastic dough. Depending on the humidity conditions and the type of potato flakes, you may need a little less or a little more water.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and let rest for about 1 hour in a warm place (I usually place the bowl into a cold oven or microwave oven, it raises better and doesn't get dry).
- Put the dough into an oiled baking tin (large) and spread with your hands only to about 1/2" thick. Let it rest again, covered, for 1/2 an hour.
- Mix oil, water and kosher salt and brush well the whole surface of your focaccia.
- Add tomatoes, sliced onion or whatever else you want (I had some leftover baked potatoes from the previous day, so I sliced and added those as well), and bake in the oven preheated to 180°C (350°F) for about 20 minutes.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli FamilySee More
Whole Grain Pizza Crust
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Surprise Oreo BrowniesSee More