VERY VANILLA BEAN CUPCAKES WITH VANILLA BEAN FROSTING
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 24 cupcakes
- In a small bowl, combine the flours. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended.
- Toast vanila bean in toaster oven for 30 seconds, this makes it easy to remove the insides. With a sharp knife halve vanilla bean lengthwise, then scrape the seeds directly into the batter mixture, mixing to combine
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about three-quarters full.
- 9)Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes in the tins for 15 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- Frosting can be found here: http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Vanilla-Bean-Frosting/8211/