- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 or 5
- Preparation Time:
- 3 leeks (about 1 lb)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 large peeled & cubed potatoes
- ½ tsp teaspoon salt
- a dash of white pepper
- 2 (14 oz) cans of chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Trim leeks, wash well & slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Melt butter in large saucepan & saute leeks & onions until soft. Do not brown.
- Add all ingredients except milk & simmer until potatoes are soft & mushy.
- Drain thru colander, reserving all liquid.
- With blender or mixer, puree potato mixture until smooth.
- Reassemble liquid & potato mixture. Add milk and heat thru before serving.
NotesThis soup is traditionally eaten chilled, but my family just can't "do" cold soup.... so we eat it hot and everybody loves it.
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More