- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 or 5
- Preparation Time:
- 3 leeks (about 1 lb)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 large peeled & cubed potatoes
- ½ tsp teaspoon salt
- a dash of white pepper
- 2 (14 oz) cans of chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Trim leeks, wash well & slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Melt butter in large saucepan & saute leeks & onions until soft. Do not brown.
- Add all ingredients except milk & simmer until potatoes are soft & mushy.
- Drain thru colander, reserving all liquid.
- With blender or mixer, puree potato mixture until smooth.
- Reassemble liquid & potato mixture. Add milk and heat thru before serving.
NotesThis soup is traditionally eaten chilled, but my family just can't "do" cold soup.... so we eat it hot and everybody loves it.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More