- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 or 5
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis soup is traditionally eaten chilled, but my family just can't "do" cold soup.... so we eat it hot and everybody loves it.
- 3 leeks (about 1 lb)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 large peeled & cubed potatoes
- ½ tsp teaspoon salt
- a dash of white pepper
- 2 (14 oz) cans of chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Trim leeks, wash well & slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Melt butter in large saucepan & saute leeks & onions until soft. Do not brown.
- Add all ingredients except milk & simmer until potatoes are soft & mushy.
- Drain thru colander, reserving all liquid.
- With blender or mixer, puree potato mixture until smooth.
- Reassemble liquid & potato mixture. Add milk and heat thru before serving.