- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 or 5
- Preparation Time:
- 3 leeks (about 1 lb)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 large peeled & cubed potatoes
- ½ tsp teaspoon salt
- a dash of white pepper
- 2 (14 oz) cans of chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Trim leeks, wash well & slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Melt butter in large saucepan & saute leeks & onions until soft. Do not brown.
- Add all ingredients except milk & simmer until potatoes are soft & mushy.
- Drain thru colander, reserving all liquid.
- With blender or mixer, puree potato mixture until smooth.
- Reassemble liquid & potato mixture. Add milk and heat thru before serving.
NotesThis soup is traditionally eaten chilled, but my family just can't "do" cold soup.... so we eat it hot and everybody loves it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
MetroCooking DC 2013
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More