- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWonderful soup made in the microwave. It can be served hot or cold with croutons.
- 2 medium leeks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup cream
- In a 2 qt glass casserole place leeks,onions and butter.
- Cook in microwave uncovered 4 minutes,stirring once.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes.
- Cook uncovered 20 minutes stirring once.
- Using and electric whisk or blender, puré mixture until smooth.
- Add cream and heat 1 minute.
- Serve hot or cool it off and serve it cold.