- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium leeks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup cream
- In a 2 qt glass casserole place leeks,onions and butter.
- Cook in microwave uncovered 4 minutes,stirring once.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes.
- Cook uncovered 20 minutes stirring once.
- Using and electric whisk or blender, puré mixture until smooth.
- Add cream and heat 1 minute.
- Serve hot or cool it off and serve it cold.
NotesWonderful soup made in the microwave. It can be served hot or cold with croutons.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More