VICKI'S BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE (NO PIE FILLING)
- 1 - 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries, fresh OR frozen & thawed
- 1 box white OR yellow cake mix (9-inch, such as Jiffy Cake Mix)
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped (walnuts, pecans, OR hazelnuts - toasted, if desired) *
- 1 stick butter, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9-inch pan (or spray with nonstick spray).
Spread pineapple in pan. Add vanilla. Stir.
Sprinkle over pineapple/vanilla in order: brown sugar, blueberries, cake mix, nuts, butter.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
Serve warm or cooled with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
* NOTE: Nuts can be omitted without a problem