- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 - 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries, fresh OR frozen & thawed
- 1 box white OR yellow cake mix (9-inch, such as Jiffy Cake Mix)
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped (walnuts, pecans, OR hazelnuts - toasted, if desired) *
- 1 stick butter, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9-inch pan (or spray with nonstick spray).
- Spread pineapple in pan. Add vanilla. Stir.
- Sprinkle over pineapple/vanilla in order: brown sugar, blueberries, cake mix, nuts, butter.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cooled with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
- * NOTE: Nuts can be omitted without a problem
NotesDump cakes were popular in the 1970's and 1980's. Many recipes used pie filling, instead of fresh/frozen fruit.
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
CUPPY DUCKING CAKE :S
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More