- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 - 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries, fresh OR frozen & thawed
- 1 box white OR yellow cake mix (9-inch, such as Jiffy Cake Mix)
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped (walnuts, pecans, OR hazelnuts - toasted, if desired) *
- 1 stick butter, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9-inch pan (or spray with nonstick spray).
- Spread pineapple in pan. Add vanilla. Stir.
- Sprinkle over pineapple/vanilla in order: brown sugar, blueberries, cake mix, nuts, butter.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cooled with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
- * NOTE: Nuts can be omitted without a problem
NotesDump cakes were popular in the 1970's and 1980's. Many recipes used pie filling, instead of fresh/frozen fruit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More