- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: Makes 36 Bars
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 10 oz. jar of raspberry jam or jelly
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 egg whites (I used only 2)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups toasted, chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease a 9" X 13" baking pan.
- Prepare Base:
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the egg yolks until well mixed.
- Add flour slowly and mix until incorporated.
- Shape dough into a ball and knead lightly.
- Press into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place pan on cooling rack until it cools slightly.
- Prepare Filling:
- Stir jam or jelly until it is smooth, then spread evenly over base.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the jam.
- Set aside.
- Prepare Topping:
- In your mixing bowl whip egg whites with salt until frothy.
- Gradually beat in sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in toasted pecans.
- Spread gently over the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cut into bars
NotesI went to the library and took out 1500 Best Bars, Cookies, Muffins, Cakes, And More by Esther Brody. From this cookbook I made Raspberry Coconut Bars and Krispie Toffee Triangles
both were great. When I saw this Bar I had to try it as well. And we were not disappointed. They are delicious.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Grilled Pepper Poppers
Easy Walnut Chocolate Rum Balls
blessing mixSee More