- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: Makes 36 Bars
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 10 oz. jar of raspberry jam or jelly
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 egg whites (I used only 2)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups toasted, chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease a 9" X 13" baking pan.
- Prepare Base:
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the egg yolks until well mixed.
- Add flour slowly and mix until incorporated.
- Shape dough into a ball and knead lightly.
- Press into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place pan on cooling rack until it cools slightly.
- Prepare Filling:
- Stir jam or jelly until it is smooth, then spread evenly over base.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the jam.
- Set aside.
- Prepare Topping:
- In your mixing bowl whip egg whites with salt until frothy.
- Gradually beat in sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in toasted pecans.
- Spread gently over the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cut into bars
NotesI went to the library and took out 1500 Best Bars, Cookies, Muffins, Cakes, And More by Esther Brody. From this cookbook I made Raspberry Coconut Bars and Krispie Toffee Triangles
both were great. When I saw this Bar I had to try it as well. And we were not disappointed. They are delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More