- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ounce cellophane noodle
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 28 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Soak noodles in very hot tap water.
- While noodles are soaking, cut chicken into thin julienne strips.
- Heat oil in deep skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken; garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring for 1 minute; then add broth and fish sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is done, about 8 minutes.
- Drain noodles and cut into short pieces, about 1-1 1/2 inches long.
- Arrange noodles in bottom of bowls; ladle soup over the top and sprinkle with cilantro, onion, and basil.
- Serve with"Tuong Ot Sriracha" (Viet hot sauce), or chile paste, if desired.
- *** more authentic pho broth includes spices such as star anise and cinnamon... and if you want a more authentic taste, there are powders and pastes of pho seasoning.
NotesAlthough this has a definite ethnic title, this recipe is the ultimate chicken soup for my family. It's filling, aromatic and definitely healing!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More