- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-3 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I use Splenda)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 fresh serrano or jalapeno chile, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- 1/2 seedless English cucumber (often plastic wrapped), halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, quartered lengthwise, cored then sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 medium tomatoes (1 lb. total), cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- Mince garlic, then mash to a paste with salt using side of a large heavy knife.
- 2) Mince jalapeno pepper into container and then set aside.
- 3) Whisk together lime juice and sugar in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved, then whisk in oil, garlic paste, chile and fish sauce (to taste).
- Add remaining ingredients, tossing to coat, and add salt to taste
NotesOne of our Realtors brought this in for a potluck and I had to have the recipe! It's so fresh and colorful... you'll love it!