- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI was craving my favorite spring rolls and decided to see if I could turn it into a salad.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1/3 cup Asian fish sauce
- 1/3 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 4 Tblsp. sugar
- The juice of 2 limes
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tblsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. Chili garlic paste
- salt and pepper to taste (careful with the salt, fish sauce is salty already)
- 1 1/2 pounds large cooked shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 English cucumber, halved and sliced into half moons
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 pound rice stick noodles (can use angel hair if you can't find the rice stick noodles)
- 1/2 cup each fresh mint, basil and cilantro, chopped
- Cover shrimp with lime juice and set aside.
- Cook rice stick noodles according to package direction and rinse with cold water and put into large bowl.
- Add shimp, cucumber, green onions, red pepper carrots and mint, basil and cilantro and toss with reserved chilled dressing and serve.