- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup Asian fish sauce
- 1/3 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 4 Tblsp. sugar
- The juice of 2 limes
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tblsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. Chili garlic paste
- salt and pepper to taste (careful with the salt, fish sauce is salty already)
- 1 1/2 pounds large cooked shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 English cucumber, halved and sliced into half moons
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 pound rice stick noodles (can use angel hair if you can't find the rice stick noodles)
- 1/2 cup each fresh mint, basil and cilantro, chopped
- Cover shrimp with lime juice and set aside.
- Cook rice stick noodles according to package direction and rinse with cold water and put into large bowl.
- Add shimp, cucumber, green onions, red pepper carrots and mint, basil and cilantro and toss with reserved chilled dressing and serve.
NotesI was craving my favorite spring rolls and decided to see if I could turn it into a salad.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More