- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryRice paper is one of those wonderful things for celiac sufferers. We can wrap anything with them, eat them raw, baked or fried, and still be able to enjoy things like egg rolls and such. They are round, about the size of a standard flour tortilla and come dried so they store easily. You can get them at almost all asian markets and some supermarkets.
My daughter and I have been known to sit with a package of spring roll wrappers, several bowls of veggies, a plate of water and make spring rolls while watching a movie on the TV.
- Here's what we stuff them with:
- shredded lettuce or cabbage
- fresh cilantro leaves
- bamboo shoots
- baby corn
- straw mushrooms
- radish sprouts
- shredded carrots
- You can also add andy cooked/cooled meat:
- Soak the rice paper wrapper in water (we use a deep plate with water in it to keep it flat). Place moistened wrapper on a dry plate and fill with your choice of goodies. Roll like you would a burrito (fold in sides then roll.)
- Serve with thai chili sauce or hoisin.