- Cooking Time: Depends
- Servings: 2 Pastry Shells
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar (or to taste).
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons ice water (or as needed if too dry/wet)
- blend the dry ingredients and then cut in the shortening. In a separate container (I just use a water cup) mix the egg, vinegar, and water. Slowly pour the liquid into the dry and mix with a fork until it forms dough.
- chill the dough for at least 30 minutes, then it can be rolled out using rice flour (probably sweet rice flour is best) or you can do what I do and roll it between two pieces of wax paper. I haven’t played with pre-baking the crust yet, I assume 10 minutes or until browned under 425 or 450.
- Makes enough pastry for a 2-crust 9″ pie or 2 pastry shells
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More