- Cooking Time: 22
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 5
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup vodka (only a kind you would drink)
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (it WILL be hot so use less if you don't like it hot)
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- In a wide pot big enough to hold all the pasta and sauce, melt the butter.
- add the garlic and cook until golden brown.
- stir in the proscuitto and cook for a a minute or two.
- add the tomatoes, crushed pepper, pepper and salt.
- simmer for 5 minutes.
- stir in the cream and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- add the vodka and cook until it no longer smells strongly of vodka (about 3-5 minutes).
- cook the pasta as directed on box but al dente.
- add the pasta to the pot with the sauce and mix until it is all coated over the pasta.
- toss with the cheese and serve immediately.
NotesThis is one of my favorite dishes and to be honest I like my version better than any I have tried so far!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More