- Cooking Time: 22
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 5
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup vodka (only a kind you would drink)
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (it WILL be hot so use less if you don't like it hot)
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
In a wide pot big enough to hold all the pasta and sauce, melt the butter.
add the garlic and cook until golden brown.
stir in the proscuitto and cook for a a minute or two.
add the tomatoes, crushed pepper, pepper and salt.
simmer for 5 minutes.
stir in the cream and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
add the vodka and cook until it no longer smells strongly of vodka (about 3-5 minutes).
cook the pasta as directed on box but al dente.
add the pasta to the pot with the sauce and mix until it is all coated over the pasta.
toss with the cheese and serve immediately.