- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (32 ounces)
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 16 ounces of pasta, I recommend penne rigate or angel hair
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 20 leaves fresh basil, shredded or torn
- Heat large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots.
- Gently sauté shallots for 3-5 minutes to develop their sweetness.
- Add vodka to the pan.
- Reduce vodka by half, this will take 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes.
- Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream when sauce is done simmering.
- Mix with pasta and serve.
- Serve with crusty bread
NotesI love this recipe, I put it over angel hair pasta and serve it with a parmesan crusted chicken breast
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Decadent Desserts Made From
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Baked Avocado Brunch
Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage CasseroleSee More