- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (32 ounces)
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 16 ounces of pasta, I recommend penne rigate or angel hair
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 20 leaves fresh basil, shredded or torn
- Heat large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots.
- Gently sauté shallots for 3-5 minutes to develop their sweetness.
- Add vodka to the pan.
- Reduce vodka by half, this will take 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes.
- Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream when sauce is done simmering.
- Mix with pasta and serve.
- Serve with crusty bread
NotesI love this recipe, I put it over angel hair pasta and serve it with a parmesan crusted chicken breast
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Cooking with Sabra
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce