- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (32 ounces)
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 16 ounces of pasta, I recommend penne rigate or angel hair
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 20 leaves fresh basil, shredded or torn
- Heat large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots.
- Gently sauté shallots for 3-5 minutes to develop their sweetness.
- Add vodka to the pan.
- Reduce vodka by half, this will take 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes.
- Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream when sauce is done simmering.
- Mix with pasta and serve.
- Serve with crusty bread
NotesI love this recipe, I put it over angel hair pasta and serve it with a parmesan crusted chicken breast
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More