- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup shortening (I used butter-flavor Crisco)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup butterscoth chips
- Cream together the shortening, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, salt and baking soda.
- Mix together both mixtures until well blended and add the chips.
- Spray cookie sheet with oil. Roll dough into balls the size of a walnut, place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove when just starting to brown. Let cookies cool completely on baking sheet before lifting.
NotesToday I decided to bake something to fill my cookie jar for my family for the weekend, since I haven’t made any cookies since before Christmas time, I thought it would be a good day to try some new cookies. I had picked up this recipe from another blog I believe somewhere on my travels, but have no note as to where. These cookies appealed to me because of the salty title and combination of chocolate and butterscotch, some of the ingredients I have in my pantry to be used up. I followed the recipe as is except I also added in some pecan pieces I had in my supplies as well, I think it totalled about 1/3 of a cup, but I just used up what I had and didn’t measure this add in. My cookies took about 12 minutes to cook until they just began to turn brown, I don’t know if it is because I made bigger cookies using my scoop or my oven, regardless it took longer than stated and they turned out quite well.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More