- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 2 1/3 cups)
- 1 box Betty CrockerÂ® SuperMoistÂ® yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2/3 cup Betty CrockerÂ® Whipped fluffy white frosting (from 12-oz container)
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- Caramel topping, if desired
- Heat oven to 350Â°F. In 1-quart heavy saucepan, cook butter, whipping cream and brown sugar over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until butter is melted. Pour into 13x9-inch pan. Sprinkle with pecans; top with sliced apples.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and apple pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Carefully spoon batter over apple Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from pan. Place heatproof serving platter upside down on pan; carefully turn platter and pan over. Let pan remain over cake about 1 minute so caramel can drizzle over cake. Remove pan.
- In small bowl, mix frosting and whipped topping. Serve warm cake topped with frosting mixture and drizzled with caramel topping.
NotesServe this yummy apple upside-down cake warm from the oven. It's all made easier with Betty CrockerÂ® cake and frosting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
MidLife Road Trip's
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More