- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 tbsp. balsamic, herb or wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp. wine, or substitute water or juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups greens-mixed
- In a nonstick skillet, heat vinegar, water, wine and garlic over medium-high until it begins to simmer.
- Add mushrooms and stir frequently 8 to 10 minutes, or until all liquid evaporates.
- Add olive oil and pepper and stir to coat.
- Place a cup of greens on each salad plate.
- Arrange mushrooms on top and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve warm.
NotesThis is very different from salads that I am used to.
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More