- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 Tblsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne or other ground chiles
- 1 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped sweet potatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tblsp sugar
- chopped scallions
- chopped roasted peanuts
- Sauté onion in oil until it is transluscent.
- Stir in cayenne and ginger. Add carrots and
- sauté a couple minutes more. Mix in potatoes
- and stock, bring to a boil, simmer 15 minutes
- (until the vegetables are tender). Puree the
- vegetables with tomato juice (and some of the
- cooking liquid if necessary) in a blender or
- food processor. Return the puree to the pot.
- Stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Check
- sweetness and add sugar if necessary. Reheat
- gently, using a heat difuser if necessary to
- prevent scorching. Add more water, stock, or
- tomato juice to make a thinner soup if
- desired. Serve topped with plenty of chopped
- scallions and chopped roasted peanuts.
- Serves 6-8
NotesWe love this soup.
from "Sundays at the Moosewood Restaurant"
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The One Dollar Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More