- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter, cut into tablespoon-sized pieces, softened but still cool
- Combine 1/4 cup water, sugar, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan; stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until the mixture reaches 350° on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes.
- In another small saucepan add cream and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the caramel mixture has reached 350°, remove from heat and allow to rest for 1 minute. Add the hot cream to the caramel; stir to combine. Let cool 5 minutes. Place chocolate in the bowl of an electric mixer and pour caramel sauce over chocolate. Let sit 1 minute before stirring from the center until chocolate is melted.
- Attach bowl to electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on low until the bowl feels cool to the touch. Add butter and increase speed to medium-high until mixture is well combined, thickened, and slightly whipped, about 2 minutes.
NotesMakes enough for one 8-inch 3-layer cake
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More