- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter, cut into tablespoon-sized pieces, softened but still cool
- Combine 1/4 cup water, sugar, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan; stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until the mixture reaches 350° on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes.
- In another small saucepan add cream and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the caramel mixture has reached 350°, remove from heat and allow to rest for 1 minute. Add the hot cream to the caramel; stir to combine. Let cool 5 minutes. Place chocolate in the bowl of an electric mixer and pour caramel sauce over chocolate. Let sit 1 minute before stirring from the center until chocolate is melted.
- Attach bowl to electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on low until the bowl feels cool to the touch. Add butter and increase speed to medium-high until mixture is well combined, thickened, and slightly whipped, about 2 minutes.
NotesMakes enough for one 8-inch 3-layer cake
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More