- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups self-rising flour, plus a little extra for dusting
- 3 heaping tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tb. baking powder
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 3/4-1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 6 Tb. unsalted butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1-2 Tb. buttermilk, for brushing tops
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Combine flour, the 3 heaping tablespoons sugar, baking powder, white chocolate chips, and chopped macadamia nuts. Cut in the butter.
- Combine the beaten egg and the half-and-half; add to dry mixture. Stir until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead 12 to 15 strokes or until nearly smooth.
- Shape dough into a 10 inch round disc that is approximately 1 inch thick.
- With a 2 1/2-3-inch cookie or pastry cutter, cut out the scones by placing the cutter on the dough and giving it a sharp tap – don't twist it, just lift it up and push the dough out. Repeat until you are left with the trimmings, then bring these back together to roll out again until you can cut out the last scone.
- Place the scones on a lightly greased baking sheet, brush them lightly with the buttermilk and dust with a little flour.
- Bake at 400 degrees F on the top shelf of the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until they are well risen and light golden brown, then remove them to a wire rack to cool. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve the scones with butter, jam, or clotted cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Food Travels Through Italy
Koken met OmaSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More