- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI have not made this but I do love pates. If someone decides to try this before I get around to making would you let me know if it is as good as it sounds.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms such as portobello, oyster, crimini, porcini, shiitake, or white button, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry sherry
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat and saute the onions and garlic until tender but not brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, sherry, salt, and pepper and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, over moderate heat until the mushrooms are very tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the mushroom mixture with the Parmesan and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving with toast points, melba toast, pita bread, or thinly sliced French bread.
- Serves 6 to 8.