- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2 tsp organic coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, preferably with leaves, diced
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, sliced- with or without stems
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced- with or without stems
- 1/2 –1 pound organic ground beef
- 8 oz wild rice
- 2+ cups organic chicken stock
- 2+ cups organic beef stock
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sour cream
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- sliced or slivered almonds
- In an oven-proof pot, sauté the onions and celery in a little oil on medium high until they start to soften. Now add in the mushrooms and cook until they start to brown and soften. Now remove all of this.
- If you are using meat, brown the meat in the pot. If it gives off a lot of oil, drain that extra oil.
- Add the vegetables back into the pot, add the wild rice and stock and bring to a boil. Put into a 325 degree pre-heated oven, uncovered, for 2 hours.
- About 1/2 to 3/4 of the way into the cooking time you can check to make sure there is still a little stock in the pot. If not you will want to add more.
- When the rice is no longer crunchy the dish is done. Remove it from the oven. If you are going to use sour cream, this is when you want to mix it into the dish. Serve immediately and sprinkle with almonds.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News Winter 2014
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More