- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tbs. + 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 10 oz. (I use more) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cream cheese or low fat cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 cups cooked ziti (hot)
- Fresh basil to garnish
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil and then add the zucchini.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 1-2 minutes, just until tender.
- Stir in shrimp, tomato sauce, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring freqently, for about 3-4 minutes or until the shtimp is pink and the mixture is well blended.
- Place the hot pasta in a large bowl and pour the sauce over it.
- Toss thoroughly to combine.
NotesBelieve it or not, this is a Weight Watchers recipe - and it's FABULOUS! It's from a pretty old WW cookbook, and when I was living home, I used to ask my mom to make this for me all the time. The only thing she did differently was use regular cream cheese rather than the low fat Neufchatel cheese they call for.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More