- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryBelieve it or not, this is a Weight Watchers recipe - and it's FABULOUS! It's from a pretty old WW cookbook, and when I was living home, I used to ask my mom to make this for me all the time. The only thing she did differently was use regular cream cheese rather than the low fat Neufchatel cheese they call for.
- 1 tbs. + 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 10 oz. (I use more) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cream cheese or low fat cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 cups cooked ziti (hot)
- Fresh basil to garnish
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil and then add the zucchini.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 1-2 minutes, just until tender.
- Stir in shrimp, tomato sauce, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring freqently, for about 3-4 minutes or until the shtimp is pink and the mixture is well blended.
- Place the hot pasta in a large bowl and pour the sauce over it.
- Toss thoroughly to combine.