- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI am not a member but a watcher from afar, I guess. My group of lunch sharers at work have joined and I have become involved in the point discussions and recipes. I am enjoying the research and the flavors we have found!
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 medium onion(s), diced
- 2 medium carrot(s), diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 2 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cup Swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cup cauliflower, small florets
- 2 cup broccoli, small florets
- 2 tsp thyme, fresh, chopped
- 6 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp parsley, or chives, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, optional
- Put garlic, vegetables, thyme and broth into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat;
- reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley or chives; season to taste with salt,pepper and lemon juice. OR - set out the salt, pepper and lemon juice and let everyone season to taste on their own.