- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- powdered sugar
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.; stir into creamed mixture. Blend in nuts. (Mixture will be stiff like cookie dough)
- Drop by teaspoon 2 inches apart on pre-heated standard waffle iron; bake until done, about 1½ minutes. Remove to rack to cook. Sift powdered sugar over cookies. Makes about 48.
- Store in an airtight contain to keep soft.
- Vanilla Waffle Drop Cookies
- Prepare recipe and omit cocoa and add 1/4 cup of flour.
- Using a Belgium Waffle Maker?
- Double the recipe and drop a heaping teaspoon of batter on waffle iron and cook for about 3 minutes.
NotesI got the original recipe out of an old cookbook of my mother's. Over the years it's been modified to fit my family's tastes.
My older two kids and I use to make these every year at Christmas. This year I dusted off the old recipe and started making them again
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More