- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- powdered sugar
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.; stir into creamed mixture. Blend in nuts. (Mixture will be stiff like cookie dough)
- Drop by teaspoon 2 inches apart on pre-heated standard waffle iron; bake until done, about 1½ minutes. Remove to rack to cook. Sift powdered sugar over cookies. Makes about 48.
- Store in an airtight contain to keep soft.
- Vanilla Waffle Drop Cookies
- Prepare recipe and omit cocoa and add 1/4 cup of flour.
- Using a Belgium Waffle Maker?
- Double the recipe and drop a heaping teaspoon of batter on waffle iron and cook for about 3 minutes.
NotesI got the original recipe out of an old cookbook of my mother's. Over the years it's been modified to fit my family's tastes.
My older two kids and I use to make these every year at Christmas. This year I dusted off the old recipe and started making them again
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More