WAFFLED MONTE CRISTO
Waffled Monte Cristo
- Servings: 2 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 4 slices process American cheese (2/3 ounce each)
- 2 thin slices deli turkey (1/2 ounce each)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 thin slices deli ham (1/2 ounce each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
In a shallow bowl, combine the egg, milk, sugar and orange peel. Dip bread into egg mixture. Place on a preheated waffle iron; sprinkle each slice of bread with pecans. Bake according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
Place an American cheese slice on two bread slices; layer with turkey, Swiss cheese, ham and remaining American cheese. Top with remaining bread; butter outsides of sandwiches.
Toast sandwiches in a skillet for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Dust with confectioners' sugar; serve with jam.