- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 18 ounces rib-eye steak (thinly sliced)
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups Napa cabbage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium carrot, sliced lengthwise
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 1 pack enoki mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 cups spinach
- 6 cups dashi or vegetable stock
- Soya sauce
- Wafu® Japanese Dressings (Original Sesame, Ginger Carrot and/or Wasabi Edamame)
- Arrange steak on one serving platter and vegetables on another.
- In a large pot, bring dashi (or vegetable stock) to a boil.
- Place a shabu-shabu pot (tabletop stove or fondue pot) in the middle of the table.
- Pour the stock into the tabletop pot. Add a pinch of salt and a dash of soy sauce to the stock.
- Place vegetables and tofu into pot first. Then poach slices of beef in the stock for approximately 10 seconds each.
- Serve with Wafu® Japanese Dressing of choice.
NotesA traditional Japanese dinner idea brought to your table.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More